Thursday, May 22, 2008

He got me!

So, we are at church, and I'm in the office trying to get a few things done, and Josiah disappeared for a few minutes. I didn't know where he was, until I heard knocking at the front door. He had gone outside & couldn't get back in.
I went and let him back in, and told him, "You need to stay inside. There is no one outside to watch you, you are not allowed to be out there alone!"
He came back inside, and a few minutes later he came to me and said, "Mommy, I know who can be with me outside."
Well, earlier, Brother & Sister Trusty were here working on the flowerbed, so I thought maybe they were back. "Who can watch you outside?" I asked him.
He replied, "Jesus. Because he's in my heart."

How do you argue with that? Thankfully, Sister Betty is now back outside working on the flowerbed. For a minute, he had me fumbling over my words, unsure of how to explain to a 4 year old that yes, Jesus is in your heart, but you're still not allowed to be out there. I mean, what adult is more responsible than Jesus? Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, he gotchu there. Lol

That is so adorable. Seriously, do you think Sister Betty can do a better job?! Lol Just kidding. That was cute!