Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only 2 days of school left! I can't WAIT for summer vacation!

This is my first summer at home with the kiddos. Last summer, Thomas had the paper route, so he got to be with them all day, and I got to hear about how they were at the pool or the park while I was at work, so I've been looking forward to this summer!

My life has been so eventful lately. I'm ready for a little LESS excitement! On Saturday, nurse Eliana gave her eager patient Josiah a shot with the Epi-Pen. The Epi-Pen is medicine that you ONLY give if someone is having a severe allergic reaction, and she shot him with it right in the thigh! I was in the shower when it happened, but as I understand it, it was Josiah's idea! He pulled the Epi-Pen out of the diaper bag and said, "Sissy, give me my shot!" and she was all too happy to oblige! Sooo.... after I calmed down & we were able to decide on a punishment, we settled on: grounded from TV & computer (all they do on the computer is type, or play on PBS.com if we are right here), they have to write sentences nightly ("Kids do not give medicine"), and they have to clean the bathroom nightly (to work off the cost of the wasted Epi-Pen). I warned them that if that were to ever happen again, they would most likely need to go stay with one of the grandparents to ensure their safety, because I don't think I'd be able to contain myself. Then Thomas pointed out that I didn't exactly contain myself this last time. :)

I'm excited for One Accord to be here! Our family always loves to see AJ, but we're excited for the concert as well!

On Sunday, we are having a Flip-flop Parade in Kidspace to kickoff the start of summer vacation! Fun, fun! We will be going outside for our parade, and taking pictures of all participating feet. I told the kids they could wear whatever shoes they wanted & we would still take pics of their feet though. I'll post pics on here next week of our feetsies!

No comments: